High quality air filters aren't all talk; if they actually are high quality, they are worth every penny. But what is the difference between a high quality filter and a lower quality one?
Simply put, high quality furnace and air conditioning filters can reduce more pollutants — such as pollen, pet dander, mold, lint, and more — present in the air than lower quality filters. They are built with much different materials, too, and are typically developed after many years of thought and strategic testing. High quality filters are also typically developed with several layers, with each layer carrying out a different function. For example, our filters have four separate layers, which are also called stages, and each stage has a different job to do. Let's visit each of these jobs before delving into the top 10 reasons to buy high quality filters.
The Four Stages of Filtration
The four stages of filtration on our Purity Air Filters are as follows:
Stage 1: The white fibers of the polyester material reduce the large particles floating in the air of your home, and the the green fibers of the polyester catch the smaller particles.
Stage 2: An antimicrobial is added to the filter, which is a chemical that has the ability to greatly reduce pollutants and other harmful VOCs in the air. The antimicrobial can actually destroy the bacteria that comes in contact with it.
Stage 3: A sticky adhesive is added to the media in this stage. It traps and holds the smallest particles tight — including bacteria — while the antimicrobial from the last stage destroys the bacteria it comes in contact with.
Stage 4: An activated carbon is added to the media in the last stage. It helps to reduce odors in your home, such as smoke and smelly garbage.
Top 5 Reasons to Buy a High Quality Air Filter
- The air inside your home will be cleaner, and you will breathe easier.
- The allergens inside your home — such as pollen and pet dander — will be more effectively reduced, allowing you to breathe easier if you have allergies.
- High quality filters don't cost all that much more than lower quality filters.
- There are a lot of added bonuses to buying high quality filters, such as benefiting from the antimicrobial layer that's on most quality filters.
- High quality filters typically last longer.
We hope you enjoyed this informative blog on furnace filters and air conditioning filters — stay tuned for more!